It has been a long time since our last blog post. Rather than indicating a lack of activity, the opposite is true. 2021 has been an incredibly busy year for JetSoft, balancing a record turnover with some impressive product development and innovation.
We’ll shortly be launching two new products to the JetSoft suite of applications.
- CoPlot: A desktop application that improves data capture and traceability for inspection, enabling companies to continue to use existing methods and equipment while generating 3D inspection datasets.
- DigiOps: A flexible solution that enables companies to digitise operations, empowering them to create and manage tasks, collate data across many formats, monitor progress and output documents. This is deployed on premise for maximum security.
[Developed with industry]
These applications have been developed in conjunction with Babcock, in conjunction with of the Made Smarter technology accelerator programme.
This programme, which is run by Digital Catapult, brings together manufacturers (Babcock International) and innovation companies (JetSoft) to enable advanced technology to tackle industry identified challenges.
What is great about this programme is that developments are crafted with the direct input of an industry partner, a company who has a clear and defined problem and a strong motivation for developments to succeed. This coupled with access to Digital Catapult’s knowledge and skills, creates a rich dynamic environment for fast agile developments. This supplies clear benefits for all parties, Babcock’s problem is resolved, JetSoft’s products and range expands, and value is generated for UK businesses.
Early in 2021 Babcock International set the challenge: improve the quality of inspection data collected while improving operational efficiency. The Warrior land vehicle maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) facility was the testbed and the key objectives were:
- 3D measurements and NDT to be collated and assessed as one, with the data available to assure hull integrity and suitability for overhaul
- Visualise and track information digitally so that this process will no longer be conducted through a combination of standalone laptops and manual data. A solution that improves capacity to recall and compare information and records, as well as traceability and time reduction
The challenge resonated with us for several reasons:
- This is what we specialise in, software solutions for improving the capture, management, and utilisation of inspection data
- We have the relevant skillsets and can leverage some of our existing applications to solve the challenges presented
- Solutions to solve these problems were on our development roadmap and we have already identified a clear and strong commercial demand
After reviewing the challenge documentation, we concluded that this was in fact two distinct challenges to be solved with two different approaches.
The first challenge aimed to improve the data collected at the point of inspection. For this we designed a desktop application that would connect to different pieces of equipment, gather inspection and positional data and fuse together. We have called this solution CoPlot.
The second challenge focused on data management. This is where we were able to leverage our existing applications. OverSeer, EyeView and NDT Office already have a large proportion of the capabilities required, however Babcock had demands that exceeded this functionality. To enable us to meet these demands we have overhauled NDT Office and developed an exceptionally powerful software application that enables users to digitise their operations. We’re calling this software DigiOps.
We are extremely proud of what we have developed, which we will be officially launching shortly. 2022 looks set to be an exciting year as we look forward to the next stage on JetSoft’s future
If you have an immediate need or would just like more information, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Wishing all our friends, colleagues a happy and healthy 2022
The JetSoft team