Another chock-full year has ended! And as we start to ease our foot off the throttle and look forward to our well-deserved Christmas break, we sit down with Tom, our CEO & Founder and reminisce on everything we’ve achieved in 2022.
From expanding our team to new client wins, we’re really proud of what we’ve accomplished. We’re inviting you to relive the best moments with us.
Sum up 2022 for JetSoft in a sentence...
After the bounce-back year of 2021, 2022 has been a year of growth. It’s been an exciting year that has seen us expand our team, our products and our customer base.
What stood out for you in 2022?
A lot of exciting things have happened this year, it’s hard to pinpoint one overall achievement. So, here are my top 7 …
- It was quite obvious earlier in the year, that we needed to expand the team to keep up with the demand from our clients and the increasing interest, as the benefits of better management and utilisation of inspection data were being realised. We also experienced several interesting opportunities and challenges that presented themselves. To service this need we expanded our development team.
- We experienced a very successful year with record turnover and profit. Especially pleasing was that significant turnover came from new orders from our existing clients, which highlighted the high regard our solutions have with our customers and the positive impact that we are delivering.
- Ultimately JetSoft is an engineering firm that likes to take on new challenges. We were fortunate this year to be presented with some especially exciting ones, such as developing algorithms that nest parts based on quality. These algorithms factor both material use maximisation and underlying inspection data to maximise the quality of output components. These work exceptionally well and is something which we are incredibly proud of. We also used inspection data to automatically validate physical metrology measurements and act as a belt and braces inspection for the final sign. We are currently working with a client on reapplication to determine, how following indications in inspection, material can be reallocated and reclassified automatically to minimise scrap and waste.
- This year we were pleased to work with 2 new large global companies, with projects which expand into 2024.
- We’ve signed an order to develop a Virtual Assessment for a major global manufacturer. This three-year project will see us perform virtual inspections following each manufacturing stage. This will enable the customer to spot defects earlier and make smart decisions on materials and components, ultimately reducing the cost of scrap. This I believe will be revolutionary for the manufacturing industry and a true exemplar of smart manufacturing.
- We’ve worked with an existing client to apply our Artificial intelligence technology, which examines and automatically spots defects in NDT images to use visual system data to great success. This enables our client to detect previously impossible macro defects in materials automatically. Our existing analysis tools then enable them to determine the cause of these defects and put measures in place to prevent them.
- It was enjoyable to be back catching up with old industry friends and making new ones face-to-face at events we attended around the globe. We were proud to be invited to be part of the Made Smarter stand at MACH22. We also presented and caught up with lifelong industry friends at the annual BINDT conference, which was especially special.
Given that we are nearing the end of the year, what’s in the pipeline in 2023?
We’ve started work on several new software products to be launched in 2023. Hush hush for now, but we’ll be revealing more in Q1!
Are there any new clients or projects to announce?
As we know, this industry is secretive - I wish we could tell the world what we have been working on. Unfortunately, when you’re delivering serious proactive benefits, our customers don’t want their competitors to find out.
What are your aims and hopes for JetSoft in the new year?
Our progress thus far has come from growing organically, working on challenges we know we can deliver success on and reinvesting the rewards in our products and people. It’s encouraging to see the industry coming to us for help and advice. It highlights that we starting to be recognising as experts in what we do and a level of trust in our abilities.
To round it up …
The success of this year wouldn’t have been possible without the hard work of the JetSoft team, and our extended support network, from friends and families to customers and associates! You know who you are and thank you.
In the meantime, from everyone at JetSoft we’d like to wish you a happy end to the year, and a prosperous new year. We are really excited to see what 2023 brings!